Candidates for the nominations committee (cultural and undesignated seats), the linguistic seat on the ethics committee, the minority seat on the Executive Board, and undesignated seats on the Gender Equity, Human Rights and Minority Issues committees are particularly needed.
The title of this announcement has been changed to reflect the extension.]
The AAA Nominations Committee has been seeking nominations for open positions on the 2013 AAA ballot. The deadline for nominations in Monday 1 October 2012.
AAA members should nominate themselves. If you have colleagues who you would like to elect, ask them to nominate themselves at the AAA Leadership Nomination page.
Open board positions include AAA President-Elect/Vice President and three executive board seats: the minority seat, the practicing/professional seat, and an undesignated seat. In addition there are 12 committee seats.
- One linguistic seat on the committee on ethics
- One undesignated seat on the committee on ethics
- Two undesignated seats on the committee on gender equity
- Three undesignated seats on the committee on human rights
- One undesignated seat on the committee on public policy
- Two undesignated seats on the committee on minority issues in anthropology
- Two undesignated seats on the committee on world anthropologies